MDI Episcopal Sacred Ground Participant Details
Registration is required. Please contact Jayne or Gail.
- For the MDI Episcopal Community
- Co-facilitated by Gail Leiser and Jayne Ashworth
- 10 circle discussion gatherings via Zoom
- About every two weeks on the 2nd Tuesday of the month AND the 4th Tuesday of the month
- Begins on Tuesday, January 26, 2021.
- Ends on June 8, 2021.
- Circle will gather via Zoom about 5:55 p.m.
- Discussion for the week’s topic will begin promptly at 6:05 p.m.
- Discussion typically takes about 1.5 hours, but participants should reserve two hours per session (until 8 p.m.) in case a discussion runs long.
- Do readings and watch videos from Internet on-their-own in preparation for each circle discussion gathering.
- Materials typically take as much as 90 minutes for video/film watching and about 35 minutes for reading per session.
- The preparation time is in addition to participation in the discussion circle via Zoom.
- Materials are all available on the Internet.
- Links to the materials for a specific week will be shared with participants about 9 days before each gathering.
- Some of the readings are from two books.
- Each person in the circle is encouraged to have a copy of each of these books:
* Waking Up White: And Finding Myself in the Story of Race by Debby Irving
* Jesus and the Disinherited by Dr. Howard Thurman.
- If you want to participate and cannot afford a book, please contact the Rev. Stephen Muncie to request a copy of the books.
Please see the information included in the announcement of Sacred Ground from your parish for details on how to contact Jayne, Gail, or Steve.